Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Ways to Simplify Your Life ~ Emails

Sorry about missing a few days of blogging . . . I was out of town.  But I'm back now!  Don't forget to come see me for money saving coupons at the Stratford PTO Vendor Expo this Saturday April 2nd from 9:00AM - 3:00PM at Parkview School 123 Parkview Road, Stratford, NJ 08084.  They will also be raffling off a basket that will include FREE Organizing Services!  Stop by for a chance to win.

Simplify Your Email

Remember last week . . .

"Just like our closets, only about 25% of email (or clothes) are needed (or used).  Interesting you say? . . . So this week why don't we try to delete (or toss) at least 75% of our email in a day!  Then create folders & file the remaining 25%."

Do you keep up with your email???

How did the Simplify Your Email Challenge go?

So, do you want to know how my daily abundance of incoming email went?  I took a good look at the emails that I received last Tuesday.  Here are the results:

KEEP & FILE EMAILS  (and yes I actually took time to file them!)
Simplify Your Life emails                               19
Organizing tips                                               2
Coupons (keep)                                              7
Bookkeeping tips                                            2
Devotionals                                                   2
Health related                                               4
Kid's Sports                                                    5
Other (filed away)                                         7

DELETED EMAILS  (and yes I actually took time to DELETE them!)

Junk/Ads/Notifications                                   48
Coupons (delete)                                            12

Yes folks that's 108 emails in one day.  Mind you that was a slow day.  I only kept about 44% of my emails that day.  I actually keep up with filing & deleting my emails that day.  When I don't my inbox gets out of control.  See . . . we all have the same overwhelming issues :-) 

What helps you keep your email under control & organized?

Simplify Your Life Organizing is dedicated to providing affordable organizing services for the average family. No job too big or too small.  We help you organize one pile at a time.  We help you set goals, create order & establish a strategy that will help you stay organized. We provide one-on-one assistance to get your life in control. You will have less stress & more space!  Serving the following areas:  Stratford New Jersey, Cherry Hill, Mount Laurel, Moorestown, Medford, New Castle County Delaware, certain areas in Pennsylvania, & all of South Jersey.  We purchase most of our Organizing products from the Cherry Hill Container Store located in front of the Cherry Hill Mall, next to Crate & Barrel (Route 38 & Haddonfield Rd), as well as, the Voorhees Target located across from the Bally's gym off of White Horse Road


  1. I have a habit of reading and leaving emails in my inbox (even though I do have files for certain things). I was up to well over 600!!! Two days of setting aside time to deal with, I deleted over 300 emails, filed some, and now have 275 to still deal with. By the end of the day, I hope to be set. And so far in the past two days, I have dealt with each email immediately!! Yay!!!

  2. Now I'm good at keeping up with the emails that come in daily. I make sure that at the end of the day every email is either filed or deleted. However my inbox still has 3,500+ unreaded emails that I have to go through . . . most of which I'm sure I can delete by now. Some will be filed. I just haven't taken the time to go through them.