So this week's theme will be baby organizing . . . of course!
Keeping a new baby's closet organized is essential to reducing the stress that comes along with having a new baby in the house.
Successful closet organizing for your child is based on the same ideas you would use in your own closet.
-- Everything has its place.
-- Everything is accessible.
-- Get rid of what you don't use.
-- Use tools and accessories to prevent clutter.
Here are some tips:
- If there isn't enough room in the closet, "add room" by adding lots of shelves using a closet system. You will be surprised at how much more you can get into a closet but adding shelves, baskets, canvas bins etc.
- Use baskets or canvas bins to hold all those small baby items/supplies. Make sure to label them. Use baskets for onesies, diaper supplies, burp clothes, bath stuff etc.
- Once you have all your shelves, canvas bins, baskets, etc. assess what's left. Decide what needs to get hung up, folded and shelved, put in bins and baskets, or archived to a better place.
- Make a point to regularly get rid of what's broken, out-of-date, or no longer used or wanted. Maybe make the 1st of every month a day that you go through everything. Check your diaper supplies & go through your baby’s clothes to take out anything they don’t fit into anymore. Have a basket, bag etc. marked donate & have it somewhere in the room. This way anytime you have something that you don't need any more you have a place for those items. As always, recycle usable items to a local charity or church. Or anytime a friend comes over have them go through your donate bag. Mommies love when their friend's hand-me-down clothes or have extra diapers/formula that they never got to us!
- Allot ten minutes a day to keep everything in its place in your newly baby organized closet. This is the crucial step. If you don't commit to this, you might as well not even start in the first place. Having your baby stuff organized saves you TIME and MONEY! Knowing what you have on hand at all times saves you time and money by not shopping and buying things that you already have on hand.
You are done with your closet organizing once EVERYTHING has a place. Everything. Period.
Simplify Your Life Organizing is dedicated to providing affordable organizing services for the average family. No job too big or too small. We help you organize one pile at a time. We help you set goals, create order & establish a strategy that will help you stay organized. We provide one-on-one assistance to get your life in control. You will have less stress & more space! You can contact me at 856-912-7969 www.SimplifyYourLifeOrganizing.com or SimplifyYourLife@comcast.net
Serving the following areas: Stratford New Jersey, Cherry Hill, Mount Laurel, Moorestown, Medford, New Castle County Delaware, certain areas in Pennsylvania, & all of South Jersey. We purchase most of our Organizing products from the Cherry Hill Container Store located in front of the Cherry Hill Mall, next to Crate & Barrel (Route 38 & Haddonfield Rd), as well as, the Voorhees Target located across from the Bally's gym off of White Horse